The crazy thoughts in my head: Marriage and Kids.

The crazy thoughts in my head

The crazy things in my head

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Marriage and Kids.

Bf and I were talking about marriage yesterday and he said he wants to get married next year..........i laughed and laughed and laughed (OK! u get the point) I just see marriage as such a "Grown up" thing. I guess i still see myself as very young sometimes. He then mentioned kids and i froze all over! Am i scared of labor pains? Hell yes! Am i worried that having kids will affect my figure and I'll have to work out like hell to get it back?? Hell yes! Am i worried that i wont be a good mother or that I'm too self absorbed sometimes or impatient to take care of another human being? HELL YES!

He wants 4 kids, i say i want 2 and they better be twins. Don't get me wrong, i like babies, they are cute and cuddly and everything but they also change your life forever.
I was watching a young mother and her 3 or 4 yr old today at a fast food restaurant, the boy made a mess of his food, then proceeded to climb on the chairs, the tables and at a point he was singing at the top of his voice and swinging from a pole. Now this might be normal restless behavior for a child but i was already irritated. I don't know..........am i weird?

11 Comments:

Blogger David B. Dancy said...

What a cute life. I will enjoy checking up on you from time to time.
It took me 37 years to have a child.
Both of my sisters were in their 30's had theior stuff together , career ect.
Thert is no minstruction manual for life follow your very big heart.

10:50 AM  
Blogger NigeriaPolitricks.com said...

It's a life changing experience for sure, but be rest assured that your fears are normal...

7:59 PM  
Blogger Bubbles said...

Nope, u are far from weird. I'm exactly like that. I don't see myself getting married or having kids anytime soon (when i'm in my 30's maybe). Like u said i still feel like i'm not there yet in my head. I love kids as long as they go home with their mamma at the end of the day.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Ayomipo Matthew Edinger said...

u can run, but you can't hide...lol. hey, do u guys have online streaming of your program, cos i dont get near a radio anymore. would love to hear you again.

2:53 AM  
Blogger Ayomipo Matthew Edinger said...

can we hook up on facebook?

2:55 AM  
Blogger Justme said...

i dont even have a facebook sccount. I guess i should join the bandwagon and get 1 abi?

3:02 AM  
Blogger Ayomipo Matthew Edinger said...

guess u should. and am first on the line. disgodkidd@yahoo.com. and i hope u put a face on the book...lol.

4:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u're not weird, but since u actually plan on having some yourself u should probably practice getting used to them :)

1:47 PM  
Blogger Aramide said...

hmmmmmmm the good old M word and then KIDS

hehe ah well, we will all get there....

cool blog, check out www.themilklady.com

the milklady always delivers ;o) lol

2:29 AM  
Blogger BOBBY said...

No dont feel like you are wierd.

Believe it or not, i can only stand my child. Not other peoples children.

Some of my girlfriends with kids threaten their kids and say, "If you are not careful, i willc all AUnty Bobby for you"...

I dont play...lol.

I got married when i was 21, so dont feel too old.

If your man is the person you feel you can spend eternity with...then why not.

And motherhood...there is no training course for motherhood...maternal instincts are in all of us. You will be amazed at what a beautiful momma you will turn out to be.

Enjoy life first hon! then all these things follow.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i lov kids...other pple's kids...

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home