The crazy thoughts in my head: Continued.....

The crazy thoughts in my head

The crazy things in my head

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Continued.....

The stupid heifer wrote me a bill of 75k, i almost fainted! Do you know how many shoes i can buy with 75K ??? But im sure no one will forgive me for buying shoes instead of getting a masters degree! I walked to the bank and paid the money, i got my teller, made copies, i went to the bookshop, bought higher education notebooks (remember those?) & pens, files and all the other knick knacks students pretend to use. (Its not my fault, the last time i was a student was 2004)

I got to the accounts office for cleareance for registration and i was told to go back to where i collected the tuition bill. I walk all the way there, huffing,puffing, sweating & cursing under my breath. I got there and was told to come back in 3 weeks for my receipt! 3 WEEKS! A WHOLE 3 WEEKS for a flimsy piece of paper???

Oh and get this- you cant complete registration without ur receipt! but i was told i can attend classes. So im going to class this evening..........you guys wish me luck!


Oh and i almost forgot to gist you about this incident that happened earlier- I was standing at my department copying the timetable/schedule of classes and there were other students there. Next to the timetable was the list of admitted students and my name was there, one lady pointed to my name & said- "hey! isnt this the name of the girl that works @ XYZ FM?", I was like "Yeah it is, do you know her?" and she replied "No". I just chuckled to myself. I wonder how long i can get away with them not knowing who i am...........

9 Comments:

Blogger Azuka said...

Goodluck with classes, and with hiding your identity. You won't hide it for too long sha...

5:31 AM  
Blogger ♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Me thinks not....

6:06 AM  
Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Pele jere, i feel ur pain o. I was in Ife for almost 3 yrs and i know the drill. All the best with class tonight (bring gist o). I can imagine being used to the university system here and going back to school in Naija, it can be frustrating but just hang in there. By the way, u still have no clue who this is shey?

1:33 PM  
Blogger Justme said...

I have no idea

10:04 PM  
Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Ok, lemme jog ur memory a bit. Or would u prefer if i post a very old pix of you from QC? I won't do that, just kidding. I'd have sent u a mail, but ur email's not up, so u can post it on here or send it to bijouxoxoblogger@yahoo.com

9:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Goodluck with school: Trust me, you'll need it.

I went to LASU and I would rather remain just a B.Sc holder than put myself in the hands of ASUU and NASU nationwide.

I read that you have been discussing these school runs with your folks since September. I know it might be kind of late but did u guys discuss online Masters?

1:40 PM  
Blogger NigeriaPolitricks.com said...

@ in my head
Good question! Wonder why u wanna strut all over a Naija University for a Masters degree? Is it dat serious?? Omo, you may wanna rethink dis Uni thingy and go online 4 ya masters...As 4 me, I'm done with Naija Schooling! Anywayz sha, goodluck!!!

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, u went thru with u , i give u hand o , hope all goes well

6:41 AM  
Blogger Eagle's Nest!!! said...

Omo to gbon! Education is important oh, and pls, go for your post graduate studies if need be. Me sef don dey plan how to bag all the post- degrees in one swoop, just for formality, sha!

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home