The crazy thoughts in my head: ALMOST SHOT IN THE FACE!

The crazy thoughts in my head

The crazy things in my head

Saturday, January 06, 2007

ALMOST SHOT IN THE FACE!

I was driving back home with a girlfriend of mine about 2 hrs ago. I live in the lekki area and i was on ozumba mbadiwe in victoria island (8.20pm) just gisting and driving when i noticed a car facing oncoming traffic in full speed and it rammed into the car in front of me. So that instantly caused a standstill. Within seconds, people behind me started to reverse, i was trying to reverse as well when i saw them.
They were like 5 or 6 guys with guns running towards the cars. Two of them ran to my car and tried to break my car window, i quickly wound down and he yelled " give me your bag, your money, your phone" (Note that he was saying all this with his gun to my face!) I was like ok, ok, i opened my glove compartment and tried to get my old cellphone that i kept there in case of situations like this but because i was shaking so much, i couldnt find it! Meanwhile, my friend was screaming and begging at the same time.
The guy brought the gun a few inches from my face and was yelling "i will shoot!, give me the money, your bag,phone" With my left hand i was pushing the gun away from my face several times while my right hand was searching for nothing in particular! He then put his hand through my window and opened my door. I think he was going to drag me out of the car &Then we heard sirens, so he panicked and looked back, as he looked back, my friend yelled "Go!" I stepped on the gas and with my door flying open, i drove faster than a bat out of hell! I was expecting them to shoot my tires, shoot me through the glass, i was bracing myself for the pain but Glory be to God. They didnt shoot, they didnt do anything. I didnt even look back, i was shaking, crying, i couldnt believe it.
I looked down the barrel of a GUN, I pushed a gun away from my face!!! what if they shot me? What if they got into the car & expected me to drive somewhere they could rape & torture me? What if? what if? If i got shot, would i even give a f*ck about a blog???

I havent stopped Thanking God fro sparing my life, i havent stopped thinking about it, i cant even tell my parents, why? cos they will continue to refer to it anytime i want to go out.

Sorry i didnt really read through this, im still very shaken up!

28 Comments:

Blogger Nilla said...

WOW!!!

It must have been really horrifying.

Pele ehn..

Thank GOD your fine.

2:43 PM  
Blogger ~ Abike ~ said...

Wow, i can't even start to imagine
how you felt.
Thank God you are okay.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Omodudu said...

sorry O, Nigeria!!!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Jennifer A. said...

So so so so sorry...thank God you're doing fine now. It could have been more traumatic, but it wasn't...it's a testimony that you or your friend LIVED to tell the story. It could have been worse, but God is good...

6:14 PM  
Blogger hook,line,sinker+fisherman said...

We thank God O!!
Na wa o for these hoodlums... ...the audacity na cause for concern o...
I thought they'd let up since the so called "season" is done with.
NOW A SERIOUS WORD FOR YOU : biko, biko (please, please) discard that your "old-cell-phone-in-situations-like-this" plan! do not hesitate in giving up those items that they ask for.. ...na person wey dey alive dey think of buying cell phone!
We thank God for his mercies...

1:53 AM  
Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Thank God o, Nigeria we hail thee! I can't even begin to imagine the trauma u must've gone thru. Thank God u're safe. May the Lord continue to protect u- Amen

4:03 PM  
Blogger Ms SoontobeMum said...

OMG!!! May the Almighty Father in heaven continue to be ur guardian and ur guide in all things. And all those in Nigeria.

Wow....thats just plain scary.... thank God u guys r ok.

Take care and stay blessed!

5:38 PM  
Blogger Mamarita said...

Oh my goodness, to God be the glory o, ehn!!! These are things you hear about but you never think they'd happen to you.

Kai....uhm God is in control, I bet you have just been reborn.

Thank God you are ok o, wow......

(I think its time for "that" vacation)

2:43 AM  
Blogger NaijaBloke said...

Thatz our great Nigeria for u o ,u can imagine @ 8.30pm ... well Thank God nuthn happen to u sha.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Justme said...

Thank you all for your comments. Im ok now, i always shudder anytime i pass that spot.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Azuka said...

wow.

Lucky you!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Funmi said...

thank God you weren't hurt.so sorry u had to experience something so terrible.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Icy PR said...

WOW! Thank Goodness . I'm glad you're okay. Mehn! Naija mehn the economy needs to change so ppl can see other options damn!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Naijadude said...

Wow! I cant just imagine what happened to you eh! I bet you cant encourage me to visit Nigeria eh!!

9:13 PM  
Blogger BabaAlaye said...

Sorry to hear that girl.
Rule of thumb. Never Ever argue with a guy who's pointing a Gun at you.

Always keep your Windows wound up. But if he point a gun, wind down and calmly give him everything.

Don't stop at Road Blocks on Lekki Express after 9 p.m.I live there so i know what i'm on about. Drive as fast as you can and if possible clear every obstacle on the road.Living thing or not.

Fully insure your Car. It gives you some inner peace and Calmness.Don't go for the 3rd insurance party B.S

Lastly, Never Ever argue with a Man with a Gun.

2:29 AM  
Blogger UnNaked Soul said...

as I dey here sef, I dey follow u shake... pele

I agree with Babaalaye's advice...

7:19 AM  
Blogger snazzy said...

I know "damn that sucks, glad u r okay" seems inadequate, but damn! Glad u r okay. Thanks for stopping by way back when

7:20 AM  
Blogger Dimples said...

Men i thank God for both you lives o...
@ 8.30pm..now that's deep...i'm shiting myself about going back to Naija o...I really can't be handle no cold guns being brushed against my cheecks o...

7:29 AM  
Blogger NigeriaPolitricks.com said...

Damn! Those MTF can scare the shit outta you! Glad you came out unscathed! God bless...

6:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good Lord!!! Thank God u got out of that encouter unscathed. I wouldnt wish having a gun pointed at ur head on my worst enemy. God loves you dear - this is an experience just be wary of the car next to you cos they could contain those uncouth animals who think working hard for a living is for idiots and dummies.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank GOd for his infinite mercies that you're alright... Thank God for real.. this was truly horrifying even as I read it cos I can't even begin to imagine how you felt when it happened... Be well babe

7:42 AM  
Blogger Doc A said...

WOW God dey for real. Ndo, kpele my dear

7:36 PM  
Blogger The 3Ts of Tunde said...

Didn't know it was that bad. Thank God alles lekker. Shall call u later to share war stories. :-)

5:35 PM  
Blogger Demi said...

Oh my! My heart was racing whilst reading this! It was like watching a movie! I'm glad you got away unscathed o. Glory be to God!

Stories like this make me thing thrice before relocating to Naija o. This is serious!

8:45 AM  
Blogger Life through rose-tinted glasses said...

i'm so sorry i'm so late on this...babe i trhank God for your life oh i'm so glad nothing bad happened, that was so scary even reading it gave me bumps. Hope ur okay now sha take it easy and stay blessed..x

11:05 AM  
Blogger chioma said...

wow..you must have been scared, you could very easily have been shot!..Thank God for his mercies!...God will continue to preserve you always.ps..thanks for the help advice..looking into it.

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOw must have been a terrfiying experience.Thanks be to God that u're safe

4:49 AM  
Blogger Daddy's Girl said...

Thank God you are ok. Na wa o.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home