The crazy thoughts in my head: No title- (Cant think of an appropriate title)

The crazy thoughts in my head

The crazy things in my head

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

No title- (Cant think of an appropriate title)

The Nigerian education system is f*cked, let me rephrase that, nigerian universities are f*cked!
Y'all know the story of how daddy dearest forced me to register for classes at that school. (If you didn't, i suggest you read previous posts).

For the past two weeks,i have been trying to register for classes and its been one crazy & disorganized task! First after getting the admission letter, i was told to pay 500 naira for the prospectus, then pay another 4,500 for the acceptance & registration forms. I proceeded to my department to fill out the forms and i was told i have pay another 33,500 in miscellaneous fees. So i proceed to the accounts office, after i was eyed from head to toe by some unkempt looking woman, she demanded to see my admission letter which i showed her, then wrote me the bill. As i walking out, she said "wont you buy ships?" i turned to see her pointing to a bucket full of individually wrapped plantain chips, i smiled & said "Ah....I don't have change......next time ehn......Thank you" Chips ko, Chips ni

After paying that, i was told to go to the bursars office to ask for my tuition bill, i got there and they directed me to another building entirely, i got there and some lady (this time not unkempt) but with a foul attitude told me to stand outside until they bring light. I thought she was going to print it from the computer system, about an hr later, NEPA brought light. Would you believe this stupid, lazy Heifer picked up her PEN and began to write out the bills? What was the point of making us wait? Why couldn't she write when there was no light? I was so angry by now, i felt like removing my 4 inch stilettos and stabbing her in the throat.................(To be continued)



Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Sweetcakes said...

Aaarrggghhh!! You gave in to the parents demands. Good luck sha!
LOL @ "You won't buy ships?"

7:20 AM  
Blogger NaijaBloke said...

So what am trying to grab from ur ramblings is that the Miscellenous fee of N33,500 that u paid has nothing to do with tution fees?So how much is the tution if not?

Naijaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Omodudu said...

LOL, hmmm would queue up in the sun for hours just to get a stamped piece of paper. Hmm I feel your pain. You are one of the bold few, I can not do this anymore mehn.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

That's just wrong from all angles. To worsen it the profs behave as if they're mini-gods. All the best sha.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Mamarita said...

Oh damn...thats whack. Pele. Things are changing, we're on the Nigerian Universities case, in the next 4-5 years I promise you, everything'll be "auroomated".....The current process is KILLING ME! My ERP prof would just DIE if he found out "the process" of registration in Nigerian "Higher institution".

I wonder how course registration works....

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home