The crazy thoughts in my head: For the Love of Agbalumo

The crazy thoughts in my head

The crazy things in my head

Saturday, February 17, 2007

For the Love of Agbalumo

Agbalumo season is here & i am sooooo happy. I love love love love love (ok you get the point!) love this fruit! It is only available for about 2-3 months in naija so im usually excited when i can get my hands on it!

On my way to work today, i passed a mini market where they were selling agbalumo, i couldnt turn back because there was so much traffic, would you believe that i drove all the way to work,parked my car, got on an okada and went back to buy my precious agbalumo.

As i sit here at work, half eaten agbalumo in my left hand, my right hand typing this post, i realize that it was absolutely worth it!


Moving on to other things- My vals day started off sad- BF called me around 6.30am (i was already at work) apologizing for his absence and he would make it up to me bla bla- I was trying to act hard like i wasnt bothered but i couldnt pretend any longer- i miss him, i really really miss him..............i started to cry quietly and he felt really bad. I tried to stop crying but the tears kept coming, almost like rain (LOL!) so i ended the conversation and threw myself into work. An hour later i was feeling much better.

Had lunch with friends @ oceanview and then headed home to pig out on chocolate.

On thursday, the weirdest thing happened- I received a package at work, a big brown office envelope to be precise, inside it was a vals card, a watch & some sort of glass decoration. I read the card & found out it was from one of my clients, i was very shocked cos i had no idea why this older gentleman was sending me such gifts AND on Vals day- i quickly sent him a text telling him i was very grateful but i thought it would be best not to accept the gifts, he replied immediately saying he was sorry for making me feel uncomfortable and insulted.

I replied him saying i never felt insulted but im grateful anyway- to cut the story short, i had a business meeting with this guy and i felt really akward handing him back the brown envelope which he sort of grabbed/snatched. Or was i imagining things?

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Bubbles said...

LOL about the fruit. You must really be in love with it to get on an okada to go buy it.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

He took the brown envelope back!! So much for being a gallant gebtleman and insisting you keep it!!

I absolutely love agbalumo too. Keep some for me please!!!!!

1:27 AM  
Blogger DiAmOnD hawk said...

dont mind those wanna be sugar daddies o...GOOD FOR YOU that u returned it...yeye man..

wow...agbalumo...im not a big fan of it..but i remember collecting the seeds as a kid....

7:42 AM  
Blogger naijabelle said...

I Dont like agbalumo again ever since i started eating one and discovered half through my chopulating that maggots were lurking inside.God knows till this day if i ate a mouthful of maggot or not.EWWWWWWWWWWW, THE THOUGHT OF IT!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Mamarita said...

You gave back a gift. Thats wrong my dear, where have you been when I've been preaching that when people decide to be kind we must always remember to say THANK YOU and assume they're very friendly till they make a silly move then slap them and apologize for "reflexes"????? bad bad bad:(

p.s. I remember the last time I travelled to Nigeria on a business trip, i filled a box with Agbalumo and didn't even declare it at the airport...cos I rock

9:25 PM  
Blogger Atala Wala Wala said...

Mmm... agbalumo... mmm... red, rich, juicy, sweet agbalumo... thick creamy delicious agbalumo... mmmMMmmMMMmm... no thanks to you, JustMe, for awakening desires that cannot be quenched from a three thousand mile distance.

London Naija Chic, you don't know what you're saying. How can you not like agbalumo? How can ANYONE not like agbalumo?

2:38 AM  
Blogger Daddy's Girl said...

I would've done the same for agbalumo - like you said it's seasonal so we must enjoy it while we have it. Can't stand the sour ones though - I have a friend who loves sour ones and hates sweet ones. Don't mind that older man jare.

8:19 AM  
Blogger TMinx said...

i love agbalumo but i fear okadas, so therefore the love can never be that strong. I can buy it on the bridge lolllllll.

I would have done the same as you, I don't want any old men thinking I owe them something

4:41 AM  
Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Dem QC dayzzzzzzz must've made u love agbalumo. Oh, tuck shop i remember those days of buying agbalumo tehre. I love agbals too, esp. collecting teh seed and making bubble gum from the "skin" of the fruit. Good that u returned the gift esp. since he's older b4 he starts thinking some dirty thots in his brain, plus i'm sure he's married o. Shameless guy!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Bella Naija said...

LOL...I love Agbalumo toooo but ur luv must be stronger than mine oo..tht okada move was gangsta..luv it!

eyah...for the old guy tht sent u the vals gift but u def did the right thing by returning it.

Tk careee ciao

12:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

do you know I haven't eaten agbalumo in like 12 years so you're making me jealous! Enjoy for me!

I would have given the client the gift back ... it's a good thing that you did!

Sorry you didn't have a great vals day, I'm sure your boyfriend will make it up to you.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home