The crazy thoughts in my head: DRAMA @ WORK PT 2

The crazy thoughts in my head

The crazy things in my head

Saturday, December 09, 2006

DRAMA @ WORK PT 2

Due to popular demand, I'll finish this story. .......................
The next day i walked into the studio, he was talking to a female co-worker and he turned back& saw me....

He Says: Oh, Speak of the devil!
I say: (Sarcastic tone) Oh, Hi angel! (and i walked out of the studio)


Later, my co-worker comes to me and asks what happened and i told her, she then said David had gone around telling anyone who would listen that I was disrespectful to him. Being a media house, the word spread faster than wild fire, every one heard about it. They kept coming up to me to ask why i didnt hang out with david anymore.....

We ignored each other & spoke only when absolutely necessary for almost a month. A female co-worker & friend (lets call her Nikky) came up to me and said:

Nikky: I need to talk to you
Me: What about?
Nikky: About u & David, We (your friends @ work) Think u should go talk to him, apologize because......(I cut her off)
Me: WHAT? Hell NO!!!
Nikky: We know he's an idiot, he's immature.........but we think you should try to talk to him, not because you are wrong, but so that u can get back on the morning show. U know its the #1 morning show in Naija. U cant deny that it has helped your career as a broadcaster. We know he misses having u on the show and we know u miss being on the show..........

Me: I cant do it, It would just make him have a bigger head, i cant. He has never once apologized to me, i cant keep getting disrespected!

Nikky: This is a career move, do this for your career.

Me: I'll think about it. Thanks.

So i though about it for a few hours........& decided to grudgingly talk to the idiot! This is how the conversation went...............

Me: Hey

Him: Hey

Me: So whats going on?

Him: What do u mean whats going on (smirking)

Me: All the drama, all the wahala

Him: Theres nothing going on, we had a nasty argument. Im sorry it happened, but then im not sorry it happened, It helped me get stuff off my chest.

Me: Huh? What do u mean? what stuff? If u had stuff to say all this while, why didnt u just say it? & What does this have to do with the show?

Him: I want to go back to the days when it was just David on the show. Ive been listening to my tapes and i think im better in the studio by myself. Having you on the show, was quite distracting. I think i work better on my own & if im going to have another female co-host, it will be a more mature female, our age gap is too much. Plus u have an attitude & u are too mouthy.

Me: (loosing my cool) an attitude? mouthy? Who started the argument? You were the one who started raising your voice and saying nasty things. What did u want me to do? just let u talk to me like that? Im tired of being of spoken to that way, im tired of being treated badly. & U had the NERVE to bring up MY FATHER? & U expect me to be quiet??

Him: Too bad, he got u the job anyway, you didnt pay any dues..........(I cut him off)

Me: My father has nothing to do with this, I dont think you would like it one bit if i brought ur family into this...................(Some random co-worker just walks into the studio, so i stop talking)

Him: Besides, u made me lazy.......(Another interruption by yet another person...........so i leave the studio)

I regret going to say anything to him. He got even bigger headed. We say hello/hi/good morning or whatever but we dont hang out anymore. (To be cont.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Azuka said...

Why do some men have to be this egoistic?

I think the best would have been to ignore him, no matter what 'they' say.

He must have thought you were coming to apologize, and gotten angry when you didn't.

5:26 PM  
Blogger angie said...

its sooo petty of him saying ur father got u the job. so wat if ur dad got u job? the truth is that u r doing a wonderful job and everyone, i mean everyone loves u on the show. i don't think u wld have been given the job if u weren't up to it.
I think he is just jealous that u mayb groomed to replace him(which wldn't be a bad idea...lol).
At leat every one of ur co-workers know the kind of person he is. i m happy u r not taking any nonsense from him!!!
Pls continue to ignore him.

12:16 AM  
Blogger 9jamommy said...

That's crazy, I would have lost it. Just completely ignore him, and don't even bone or anything when you see him, pretend he's thin air, cause that's really what he is.

P.S. I really need to start listening to Nigerian radio.

3:40 AM  
Blogger Icy PR said...

Career ko career ni because of career make we con chop crap omo abeg.. Put his ass in his place dammit I can't stand it lol! and I'm not even the one dealing with it. I give you hand walai ya strong. cuz o ma ti gbo histroy e in the most diplomatic way srew that... Is people like this you just wanna hit with a bat lol! oh so sad but true. He can eat the radio o...Naija don enter in head make he come yankee con do that shit .. ko ti e to be lol!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Life through rose-tinted glasses said...

yay!! thank God u finally put up the part 2 of this...but like seriously i think david is a real ass, its very obvious he's just jealous, ur young and u have this great job and all he probably felt listeners were starting to like u more than him. Either way its god u tried to talk to him first that shows who the bigger person is and now that u've treid just leave him alone to his sillines....take care babe

12:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Seriously, he has serious issues and you'll be fine even without being on his stupid morning show... You tried to talk, he demonstrated that you were absolutely right for hating his guts in the first place, end of story!

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home